Dec 22, 2006

Ritmos Latinos

So, some of you know, I was in a dance class this semester, called Ritmos Latinos, it's salsa, but in a big circle w/ the moves called out like square dance or something.  So anyway, I fairly well sucked, but it was lots of fun and taught me enough that I can take real salsa classes sometime (not to mention this one again next sem)  At the end of the semester, we had a party and each class performed, and the dude just posted the performances on google video, here's the link to mine!

I start out in the back on the right, I'm wearing a blue long sleeved shirt w/ black pants.  You can't see a whole lot of what I'm doing, but by 1:40 I've made my way around the circle coming in on the left, I'm dancing w/ the girl in the black dress (not the lady w/ the red top, that's the other dude wearing blue).  So anyway, in the next min or so you see me do a vacilala y dame, a sombrero (the arms one), an adios, an adios con hermana, and, god help me, a move I can't remember the name of, but its where you stomp four times and clap four times while trying to look slick.... which I don't.  Then I disappear for a bit and show up in the background again, but you can't see much.  So, that's me being a big dork!  But it's fun!

No comments: