Dec 16, 2006

Movie Reviews @ The Temple

Blood Diamond - Pretty good.  Not an oscar movie, really, only even thought of as that because of its political implications.  Leo does a good enough job, Djimon Hounsou is very good.  Political stuff is no surprise if you've been paying attn.  Diamonds are not rare, far less rare than rubies or emeralds, but cost way more cuz they told us they cost way more.  And some of em come from lots of tragedy.

Must Love Dogs - Bad bad movie.  I mean, I laughed a good number of times, cute jokes and such.  But overall, just a pretty awful movie in pretty much every way.

An Inconvenient Truth - Holy shit.  I honestly didn't expect to be impressed by this movie.  I figured I knew most of these facts already (I didn't).  I figured filming a slideshow can't possibly be dramatic (I was wrong).  I figured he was preaching to the choir (I, at best, knew where the church was).  The movie is amazing, it's the most slack-jaw captivated I've been in a long time, I was totally blown away.  I know I'm behind the curve here, but if you haven't, everyone should see it, please.

No comments: