Nov 2, 2008

Machinima

Every few months I realize I love machinima and watch a bunch.  Conveniently, there was a filmfest recently to provide me some good ones w/o so much wading.  Here are the ones I like:

 The Life of a Turret - just funny

The Ship - not very good, but there's no dialogue, so they are relying entirely on the analogs to cinematography, directing, sound, and acting, which is cool to see.

Ignis Solus - Saw this before, not sure if I posted it, its fantastic.

Chevauchee nocturne- There's absolutely nothing to this except the neat style, so just watch 5 seconds.

Jill's Song - Corny as fuck.  But if you are in a sappy mood, it's a nice analogy.  As it happens, I'm not in a sappy mood, but I'd probably like it if I was.  I'm going to have to go through this studio's stuff (they did ignis solus too).

Without Providence - Holy shitballs, this is filmed great.

There's quite a few others that are worth watching in the general "look how machinima has improved" way, but nothing that is specifically so amazing.  There are some long-form ones that I've yet to watch as well.  I mean jesus, an hour and a half machinima movie??  But it's good to see it all coming along.  It's still pretty amateurish, but there are elements in various ones that are really stand-out, and when someone puts all them together in one piece, it'll be fantastic!2

No comments: