Apr 20, 2008

Video Game Reviews @ The Temple

Lair - This game is not half as bad as everyone said!  It was one of the first gen PS3 games, and the first to really use the sixaxis thing (tilt the controller to control stuff).  It's basically flying around on a dragon blowing shit up.  But it's acutally a good bit of fun.  The controls are kinda crappy in a few instances, but mostly are surprisingly adequate.  The game is short, but that's good, I wouldn't want to do this for 20 hours.  The cinematics aren't bad, the acting isn't bad.  Maybe it's a low expectations thing, but I was impressed!

Condemned 2 - So, I didn't play the first one, cuz it's 360 only.  This is pretty fun though.  Pretty scary in parts, creepy anyway.  Combat is pretty annoying, but that's cuz of the inherent retardedness in playing an FPS on a console.  The weapons thing and combo stuff is fun enough.  The story is alright.  Acting is alright.  Overall, I'm not sure why everyone flipped over the first one if this is all it is.  Not cuz it's bad, not at all, it's just not amazing.

Stranglehold - Boring.  Kinda fun, but basically Max Payne with asian people, who cares?  wanted to get through it just to feel like I beat it, then realized I was just frustrated and not having fun, so I sent it back.  I don't know why I'm so down on it, it wasn't BAD, but I was left annoyed, so that's what ya get.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - Yay R&C!  This was everything an R&C game should be.  It's also not any MORE than an R&C game should be.  Except for some SIXAXIS stuff that was ok, but not staggering, it's kind of the same game as always.  That's not a bad thing, I had lots of fun, it's cute, but it's also not a revolution.

 Unreal Tournament III - GRRRR!  So stupid!  Who the fuck makes a game that if you lose internet you get kicked out?!?!  I'm not playing online!  I was about to beat a level, but stupid router dies, and I am booted!  This is retarded!  FPSs on consoles are retarded!  Especially a twitch shooter like UT!  I love UT on PC, it's pointless on console, it takes me a half an hour to turn around.  This is dumb, whoever made it is dumb, and anyone who likes it is dumb.

Okay, after 2 days of no internet, I realize my opinion may have been colored by that.  However, I just played again, and dammit, twitch shooters on consoles are so stupid!

No comments: